Stella Talks Adidas
Last week, I was invited down to the Stella McCartney store in Chelsea to meet the lady herself and discuss her new season collection for Adidas. Full disclosure – I’m a bit of a Stella fan girl. Her Spring/Summer 01 collection for Chloe is still one of my favourites, so I was a little giddy at the opportunity to meet her.
Anyway, back to business. Her Spring/Summer collection for Adidas sees a continuation of the familiar silhouettes that have become somewhat of a staple of the line, but they’re accompanied this time by bold citrus hues and tropical prints. If my main beefs with sportswear are the difficulty most brands have in marrying function and fashion or using colours other black and pink, this collection tackles both those issues head on.
Some of the key points Stella made when talking us through the pieces were:
- She loves the challenge of marrying performance and fashion
- She wants her collaboration with Adidas to encourage the joy of working out
- Her first and foremost concern is with performance
- She wants women to be able to express themselves in a bold way when working out and not have to compromise their sense of style
- She puts a big emphasis on engineered pieces that are lightweight and pack and fold away
I really like the shapes and colours she’s used for this collection. The walk through the store left me wanting to buy the whole damn thing. What I like most about it is that it’s very transitional – you won’t be embarrassed to be seen in your workout gear wearing this stuff, you’ll feel fine finishing a workout and getting the bus home in it – it perfectly blends style and performance.
Check out some of the loveliness…
Check out some more of the collection here.
You can also see this post over on my other blog Bangs and a Bun.